This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

WFN 1.9.2.9 Feedback: the good and the bad.

May 5, 2015 at 8:21 PM
Hello Wokhan,

As paypal have started blocking payments from non paypal customers who tried to pay with the card/s I an unable to make a donation until either paypal stop being cnuts or I get a new card. So might I suggest you consider setting up an alternative?

With regards to 1.9.2.9, 1. I like the new expanded services pop-up that show exactly what windows service (not just svchost.exe) are trying to access what. 2. the constant prompting for the same application , same port and same Ip over and over again despit setting a rule up to allow got annoying really quick.

So for the time being I have gone back to a version I know works jjust fine on my windoiws 7 Sp1 install - 1.9.0.0.
May 6, 2015 at 9:55 AM
bitcoin i suppose
May 6, 2015 at 5:57 PM
Or nochex, or google wallet.

I have never trusted bitcoin as its unregulated and there have been to many hacks and inside scams.
Coordinator
May 8, 2015 at 7:04 PM
Hi guys,

Regarding alternatives to PayPal, all of those I checked had some complementary fees requirements I'm not particularly fond of (Nochex looks a bit unclear about it, I didn't know them and checked a few minutes ago).
Don't worry if you cannot donate, there are other way you can support WFN (and myself), one being by simply talking about it around you :-)

Regarding the "constant prompting" issue, I'll fix that (or at least do everything I can to find a way). Version 2 already has a new feature which should prevent / limit this behavior (if the notifier is still running), but it's not ready for a public release and I still need to test it thoroughly.

Thanks!
Jun 1, 2015 at 4:59 PM
Let me know when its ready for beta testing.