This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

no notifications of windows firewall notifier

Jan 25, 2015 at 3:01 PM
Sorry if i post it twice but i didn't see my first post on the forum.

I've downloaded windows firewall notifier from wfn.codeplex.com on a windows 7 virtual machine of VMWare.
I've installed framework .NET 4.5 on the virtual machine
The browser on the real host works.
I have set all the profiles of the windows firewall of the virtual machine to block all outbound.
I have executed console.exe and selected enable notifications namely animated notifications,create blocking rule and enable services detection.
It says windows firewall is enabled.
When i start the browser (internet explorer) it gives no notification. Ofcourse the browser does not work.
When i execute disableWFN it says it cannot find scheduled task WindowsFirewallNotifierTask.
I've also tried with allow all outbound without success.

Is the scheduled task the problem?
Jan 25, 2015 at 3:19 PM
The problem with the scheduled task is because I didn't run disableWFN as administrator.When I run it as administrator it finds the scheduled task.
Jan 25, 2015 at 4:08 PM
I've checked whether there was an event 5157 in my eventlog for my internet explorer connection and that"s the case!
There are also 5157 eventid's for my antivirus bitdefender but no notification.
Jan 25, 2015 at 4:53 PM
I've checked the scheduler history and at the moment I used the browser there was a tast WindowsfierwallNotifiertask started.
At the next log it returned with the code 0 (which means it succeeded) but I did see no notification.