2.0 Alpha 12
Other Available Downloads
Please keep in mind this is an ALPHA version, meaning it's not finished yet and still needs some obvious fixes and improvements.
New in this release:
- Correct configuration file crash. This should fix WFN crashing on startup due to configuration file changes in previous alpha-builds.
- Internally handle Windows Apps rules. Not fully implemented yet, but WFN now understands firewall rules for Windows Apps.
- Merge (local) ports into ranges in Notifier to reduce the length of the list.
- Several other small fixes and improvements.
Slated for the next (beta!) release:
- There's a major problem deep inside the core functionality, causing WFN to ignore certain parts of rules, such as whether the rule should only apply to a Store App. This can cause the Notifier to think that those App rules are blocking/allowing packets from non-App applications, and thus not to pop up when it should. This will require quite some code changes to correct, but once that's done, WFN will officially be in beta.
Still left to do:
Just a small sampling:
- Package WFN in a .msi installer. This will make installer and uninstaller WFN much clearer, and it also needed to do proper cleanup on uninstall.
- Switch to Windows' logging instead of a logfile. Not only is this the proper thing to do, it'll also fix the still remaining issues with writing to the logfile.
- Add internationalization and translations.
- See if we can determine what task created a connection, instead of only pointing to taskhost.exe.
- Add detection for fullscreen applications (e.g. games, Powerpoint), so we don't pop-up and steal focus when they are running.
- Add a silent mode.
- Implement the minimize to tray functionality.
- And lots more!
No reviews yet for this release. (Previous release: 5 stars out of five with 1 rating and 1 review)
Opera does not support ClickOnce X
To install this application, save it and then open it. Opening it directly from Opera will not work correctly.