2.0 Alpha 11
Other Available Downloads
Please keep in mind this is an ALPHA version, meaning it's not finished yet and still needs some obvious fixes and improvements.
New in this release:
- Set the proper user environment when impersonating. This fixes the configuration file not being saved under many circumstances.
- Added some other protocols. Although not yet handled properly, WFN will now recognize several protocols besides TCP and UDP.
- Log file mutex sharing. This fixes another case where writing to the log file would fail.
- Only check against outgoing rules. This prevents WFN falsely not popping up due to outgoing packets matching incoming rules.
- Fixed a race condition in icon extraction.
- Several other small fixes and improvements.
Slated for the next (beta!) release:
- There's a major problem deep inside the core functionality, causing WFN to ignore certain parts of rules, such as whether the rule should only apply to a Store App. This can cause the Notifier to think that those App rules are blocking/allowing packets from non-App applications, and thus not to pop up when it should. This will require quite some code changes to correct, but once that's done, WFN will officially be in beta.
Still left to do:
Just a small sampling:
- Package WFN in a .msi installer. This will make installer and uninstaller WFN much clearer, and it also needed to do proper cleanup on uninstall.
- Switch to Windows' logging instead of a logfile. Not only is this the proper thing to do, it'll also fix the still remaining issues with writing to the logfile.
- Add internationalization and translations.
- See if we can determine what task created a connection, instead of only pointing to taskhost.exe.
- Add detection for fullscreen applications (e.g. games, Powerpoint), so we don't pop-up and steal focus when they are running.
- Add a silent mode.
- Implement the minimize to tray functionality.
- And lots more!
I feel good n great
on Mar 1 at 8:29 AM
Opera does not support ClickOnce X
To install this application, save it and then open it. Opening it directly from Opera will not work correctly.