2.0 Alpha 10
Other Available Downloads
Please keep in mind this is an ALPHA version, meaning it's not finished yet and still needs some obvious fixes and improvements.
New in this release:
- Terminate the Notifier executable if the connection is blocked by a rule. Instead of hanging around eating memory.
- Further improved the service detection. WFN will now not by default create a service rule if it isn't sure which service (if any) the rule should apply to.
- Better handling of more advanced rules (port ranges, special addresses, ...) Still incomplete!
- Updated IPDatabase for better determining geo locations of (IPv4) IP-addresses.
- Fixed the spurious columns in the service selection window.
- When you move your mouse over the notifier window, it now becomes fully opaque (no transparency). Also, the window is now slightly more transparent by default.
- Finally fully fixed the jumpiness of the pop-up animation of the notification window.
- Fixed a few resource leaks and race conditions (thanks Coverity!), so WFN should be even more stable now.
Still left to do:
Just a small sampling:
- Package WFN in a .msi installer. This will make installer and uninstaller WFN much clearer, and it also needed to do proper cleanup on uninstall.
- Add proper Modern App handling. This will require some large internal restructuring.
- Switch to Windows' logging instead of a logfile. Not only is this the proper thing to do, it'll also fix the still remaining issues with writing to the logfile.
- Add internationalization and translations.
- See if we can determine what task created a connection, instead of only pointing to taskhost.exe.
- Add detection for fullscreen applications (e.g. games, Powerpoint), so we don't pop-up and steal focus when they are running.
- Add a silent mode.
- Implement the minimize to tray functionality.
- And lots more!
No reviews yet for this release.
Opera does not support ClickOnce X
To install this application, save it and then open it. Opening it directly from Opera will not work correctly.