This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

multiple google installer prompts

Feb 24 at 5:29 AM
Edited Feb 24 at 5:30 AM
Every few months I try WFN set to BLOCK AND PROMPT for outbound and always have a similar problem: repeated prompts for the same thing over and over. Last time I sent a bunch of logs and never heard back. This time, the main culprit is GOOGLE INSTALLER. I have only run WFN v20a11 a few hours and have already gotten a few dozen GOOGLE INSTALLER prompts. I click ALLOW every time. I check and find one rule exists for GOOGLE INSTALLER. Why does it keep asking over and over? This is just one example. There are several other programs, like my VOIP softphone, and others, that keep asking over and over. Why is this?
Developer
Feb 24 at 6:53 AM
clyfton wrote:
Last time I sent a bunch of logs and never heard back.
That's because I'm still working on this issue; there's currently nothing to report.
Why does it keep asking over and over?
Right now, my money is on the bug deep in the WFN core where it doesn't properly match rules against outgoing connections, thus causing the Notifier to (not) pop up when it should(n't). Additionally, there's still issues with the service detection not being perfect.

I'm working on both issues, but every time I fix one, another one turns up. :P I'll get there, one day!