This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Windows 10 and WFN Notifications are not working

Aug 24, 2015 at 12:49 PM
Hi Guys,

I just upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I used WFN and it worked beautifully on Windows 7. Well, this morning, I finally had some time to install WFN on Windows 10. The problem I experienced is that even with notifications enabled in the settings, the notifications never appeared. This resulted in me not having any internet access. I also noticed that no custom rules were being created.

In the past, I knew how to get around the few WFN quirks. e.g. Sometimes a rule that looked like jibberish is created for something I wanted to allow. I would simply delete this rule and then the notification would appear normally and I could then hit "yes". In my case now, I get no custom rules and no notifications.

Nothing seems to register with WFN. Chrome, Smite, Internet explorer, etc.. Anyone else experiencing anything like this?

All help would be appreciated!

Thanks again,

Dominick
Editor
Aug 24, 2015 at 4:06 PM
What WFN version are you using?

The latest alpha version has some issues with notifications and the developer is looking into it and will hopefully have it fixed the next release or 2. If you are using any of the alpha versions, I would suggest falling back to 1.9.2.9 or 1.9.0 as these versions should work, however, I do not know if those versions will run on Windows 10.

Thank you for using WFN.
Aug 24, 2015 at 4:09 PM
I was using 1.9.2.9.

Dominick

Editor
Aug 25, 2015 at 12:29 AM
I am not sure if the 1.9 versions have Windows 10 compatibility, however, I do know the 2.0 versions do. You can try the latest 2.0 alpha 4 version, however, people have been reporting bugs of it crashing or not working properly.

You can download alpha 4 here if you want to give it a shot: https://wfn.codeplex.com/releases/view/616148
Developer
Sep 3, 2016 at 5:40 PM
The latest alpha 8 release should be quite stable, so if you were scared off by the reported crashing, please test the new alpha 8 release, and let me know if that fixes the problem you were seeing.