This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

win8.1 freeze

Aug 18, 2015 at 10:13 AM
Edited Aug 18, 2015 at 10:13 AM
Tried to install twice on Windows 8.1. First time AVG reported the program for behavioural problems, and the system gradualy became unresponsive with some graphical glitches too. Had to hard power off. Second time, no report from AVG, nor graphical glitches, but system unresponsive and hard power off required. Reboot then uninstall, but system still unresponsive. 99% cpu from lots & lots (vague sorry didn't count) of wfn processes. Reboot again, fine.
Editor
Aug 18, 2015 at 4:30 PM
This is an issue with the Alpha 4 release. I am getting a similar issue with this, too. The developer is looking into this and will have it fixed in the next release. Thank you for using WFN.
Oct 26, 2015 at 8:30 AM
Firstly I have to thank Khan for this software. It's exactly what I've been looking for.
Secondly, I'm having the same problem. I tried both the 1.9 beta and 2.0 alpha but both have this problem which IIRC was mentioned before and replied to, as been already taken care of. It's about the spamming with dozens notifiers, only in 1.9 no Windows popup shows but if you (succeed to) check the task manager (it took me like 2 minutes!!) you'll see in there like 20-30 windows firewall notifiers. It totally renders the system unresponsive.
Please, devs, take care of this problem, it is not solved. The culprit is not mutex.
Editor
Oct 28, 2015 at 10:39 PM
You can try 1.9.0 or 1.8.0 for now. They should work fine on Windows 8.1, I believe. I haven't heard any reports of that issue happening in those versions, either. Hopefully the developer will have a fix for this in the next release very soon. Thanks for using WFN.
Developer
Sep 3, 2016 at 4:41 PM
The latest V2.0 alpha 8 should (finally!) have a full fix for the crashing and unresponsive issue. Can you please test it, and let me know?