This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

help for low vision users please

Mar 22, 2014 at 11:30 PM
I have two detached retina. I just tried your program and I can not tolerate the bright white screen. I need and have set my computer to display white on black text. Most of the programs I use respect this. Some do not. Because my retina are not against the back of my eye, bright light quikly depleats the neurons of nutrients. The result is rapid onset darkness that lasts up to seven hours. Please consider allowing your program to respect my needs and the needs of others with eye problems...
best wishes for your great project...
Thank you
chuck
Coordinator
Mar 23, 2014 at 10:40 AM
Hi Chuck,

First, let me sincerely apologize, as I should have thought of people with vision related issues in the first place when designing the app :-)

While I admit not being working that much on the project anymore (due to time issues), I've been considering your request with attention and managed to work on an update right after reading your message.

Since I don't want to release it now without being sure it fits your needs, can you please send me a private message with your email address (it does not show on codeplex) so that I'd be able to give you a link to a private version?

Thanks

Khan
Coordinator
Mar 23, 2014 at 1:34 PM
Feel free to download v1.9.0, tell me if it's OK for you.
Have a nice day!

Regards,
Khan
Mar 26, 2014 at 3:52 AM
Oh boy is this nice. I am very happy with the new GUI. My retina thanks you. I really like this approach to the Windows Firewall interaction and I believe Microsoft should implement this in Eight a soon as possible. Ya, like that is going to happen... Maybe though, because it is as close to a definitive solution as I have ever seen.

Thank you again so much for this resource and for your very kind help with my visual needs. NVDA screen reader is doing fine with the popups and that is more than I can say for Avast antivirus.

One request more?
refresh: in the rules tab, when the filter is active, refresh does not work, If pressed a message could say please clear filter? or the filter could be cleared automatically?
chuck
Coordinator
Apr 2, 2014 at 9:45 PM
Hi Chuck,

Sorry, got a bit busy and was not able to answer your kind message :-)

Glad to see the latest update fits your needs!!! I'll check the behavior you are describing regarding automatic refresh. If you have any other remarks or concerns, feel free to tell :-)
Thank you for your feedback!

Regards,
Khan